Friday, January 15, 2010

Girls in white dress with blue satin sashes...

How often has a song come to mind and it just wont go away. The last few days have been like that for me where all I can think about are girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes, brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favourite things! God knows why I started singing a song from the sound of music and then I realised the importance of staying connected to some of MY favourite things.

Dr John Demartini, a leading personal transformation master says that songs remind us of what is truly important, music touches us in profound ways and that if we pay attention they can guide us to knowing what matters most.

It is easy to get caught up in everyday life and forget what truly moves us and the daily rituals that create a sacred way of living. It can be the simplest of things that make the biggest difference. I know for myself when I don;t take the time to simply light incense and candles each and every day, I find that my days are little bit more mundane. My morning venti chai latte, Starbucks of course!! And the most important ritual of all that keeps my mind sharp and my body energised and my soul revitalised is the 30 minutes I spend jogging and strengthening my core.

We all have little things that are so unique and special to us, our rituals whether a dab of our Chanel perfume or our favourite cocktail ring or simply just going to the ocean and taking a swim. And as the songs reminds us....when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...I simply remember my favourite things and then I dont feel so bad!!!!

A beautiful reminder that our favourite "things" and our favourite brands do give us meaning and purpose and even though I never believed in "retail therapy" because later you need "financial therapy" I do encourage not giving up what makes you happy even if others around you don't agree. The importance of the small things make us who we are even if its just a Venti Chai Latte and for anyone that has been around me has always been infected by my love for brands and unfortunately for some Starbucks too!!

So whether I'm saluting to the sun or hanging out at a cafe I always make sure to do it in style with my favourite brands!!!


Worn daily.... Chanel Mademoiselle


Travelling in style...Private Access all the way


Home away from home...in every city of the world


Jogging in Style courtesy of Adidas for Stella McCartney
(thanks to the one who taught me how to jog)


My favourite...yoga always looking glamorous...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500