Sunday, May 30, 2010

Livin on a prayer.....

Last night I was pleasantly surprised by a night out with my partner and friends which took me to a place I would never go to, listening to music I would never want to and dancing to "Livin on a prayer" by Bon Jovi. I have to say that this was not really my idea of the "privileged life" but somehow I managed to have more fun than I have had in a very long time.

It made me think about how as we get older we also become more settled in our ways and often do by habit what we have always known. We seldom try something new because we judge it, we go to the same places, eat the same things, listen to the same music and then wonder why life has lots its shine!

It took Bon Jovi and a wholesome night out at our local for me to remember that the best things in life don't ALWAYS have to be the most expensive or look pretty but that some of the best memories I have are of the most simple things in life. And for anyone that knows me would also know that I would never be found in a place "like that".... surely a humbling experience to see that it's not the place but the people that truly make the difference and that simple and wholesome and down to earth Aussie Aussie Oy Oy are needed to balance out the linen tablecloths, air kisses, fashion events and the glitz and glam of the world of privilege which I love so very much!!

This weekend I learnt that dinner at the local Life Saving Club, a pizza out of the box with a great DVD, dancing to Bon Jovi and singing along to Livin on a prayer has a place in our lives and that if we give ourselves the permission to really live life and not judge we would unexpectedly be fulfilled in ways we never thought possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500