Sunday, August 1, 2010

It all begins at home.....

I have recently discovered the true importance of a home. Some believe that a house and a home are one in the same but in my jewish tradition we as women are encouraged to create a home where our spirits and those of our loved ones can rest, renew and rejoice. In the past few years I have moved countries, cities, homes and have felt like I was on the way to somewhere, never quite settling or knowing where that somewhere will be.

I have finally found a place where I call home, a place where my spirit can be free, where real friendships are all around me and I realised that it is up to me to create my own heaven or it is definately up to me to create my own hell.

A home is a place that gives us strength to carry out the mission of our soul. It gives us a resting place away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. In the past week I realised that a true spiritual home is not simply a place where we rest our tired bodies but one where we bring God into every corner of our space and into every aspect of our lives. I have had the privilege of spending every Friday night for the past six months with the most wonderful friends and the family of my Rabbi and have seen first hand how creating a true home is important to our state of mind and what we ultimately achieve in our lives.

I had my Rabbi put up a Mezzuzah on my door which blesses my home and protects me whilst bringing spirit and God into my home. This beautiful ritual showed me that the life we have begins with the homes we create, stability, love, beauty and an inspiring space will ultimately lead to an inspiring, stable and beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500