Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fate and New York City....

As we travel along this great road called life there are so many surprises, twists and turns that at times we have to wonder whether we are on the right path with the right people and whether our choices and what we are doing will lead us to where we want to go.

Carrie Bradshaw says "Can you make a mistake and miss your fate? I have found that no matter what "mistakes" we make that ultimately we come back after having detoured off to another place. I have realised that these places and detours are not mistakes but opportunities to grow, to expand, to love and to experience this great thing we call life.

It reminds me of a road trip I took with a friend a few years ago, we started in Brisbane and drove to Byron Bay.... we kind of got lost a few times but much to our surprise we found that we ended up in a perfect place with its own wonders and its own beauty. We ended up in a place which was much better than our minds could have directed us to. This road trip taught me a great lesson about life itself and so did the time where I packed my entire life into 10 boxes, flew to New York City for a new life and somehow ended up in Miami Beach instead. What I found was a better life than the one I planned in my head, I found joy and fulfillment like I'd never experienced before and new friends who to this day are very special to me.

All of this taught me that we can have goals and dreams and that sometimes we must open our minds and our hearts to the people, the places and opportunities that present themselves almost with such ease and miraculously transform our lives and our spirits forever.

I look back at the last 12 months of my life and as difficult as some things have been, I see how far I have come, how much I have grown and evolved and how much I needed this stage before I embarked on the next one. Did I know this a year ago? Definately not, but what I see is that there is something bigger than me that knows better than me and I have finally learned to surrender to whoever and whatever guides my life and propels me to make the decisions and the choices that I do...

There are no mistakes and you can never miss your fate, the turns are all part of it but you must learn to listen and hear for the winds of change that call you where once again you must leave the familiar and embark on the next stage and next turn to realise your potential and your fate and for me it could just be back in the Big Apple with my very own Mr Big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500