Wednesday, August 31, 2011

High on Hyatt...

I remember so well the days of growing up in Melbourne and the friends who's parents had holiday homes in sunny Queensland. I too remember wishing that one day I could visit Surfers Paradise and be part of the pilgrimage that my school friends made every summer. In New York it's the Hamptons, in Melbourne it was the Gold Coast.

My dream did come true but I did have to wait a while until my 12th birthday where my late father asked me what I wanted as a birthday gift. "A holiday to Surfers" was what I really wanted and lucky for me, he did in fact make my wish come true for the most part. We drove the whole way from Melbourne.....okay so it wasn't a Qantas flight but the road trip is something that will be in my memory and in my heart forever.

Sunny Queensland and the Sunshine Coast is a dream for many, sun drenched days by the beautiful blue sea, endless blue skies and the glitz and glam as well as rest and relaxation that is synonomous with paradise. Recently our travelling bunny and Private Access intern experienced one of life's little pleasures and learnt how a simple day at the Hyatt Regency Coolum spa would give her a new lease on life.

Combining luxury and nature to create a unique spa environment, the spa at Hyatt Regency Coolum evokes total relaxation and wellbeing for men and women. The spa is totally enclosed within the extensive natural grounds of the resort and treatment rooms are surrounded by native flora and fauna. The spa provides guests with a 25 metre lap pool, an aqua aerobics pool, men's and ladies steam and sauna as well as indoor and outdoor relaxations areas.

Their 'Diamond Facial' with frozen marine DNA, grape seed extract and lavender essential oil leaves the skin smooth, hydrated and radiant. Sounds pretty amazing, diamond facials, diamond rings....both of these are definately a woman's best friend!

There is so much you can do in this one little place. Enjoy the resorts 150 hectares on a leisurely bike ride or, for the most energetic, hike up Mount Coolum and feel like you're on top of the world. There's even a Camp Hyatt for the kids, classes in the creative art gallery or 18 holes on the golf course. I think we may have just found the gold and the diamonds right here on the beautiful Sunshine Coast & Gold Coast, the place that will always remain very special to me and maybe one day I may just make it my home but for now Sydney and Bondi Beach will do.
www.coolum.regency.hyatt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500